Friday, January 18, 2008

John McCain - Chicago's Best Writer Since Finley Peter Dunne, John Kass, Tells Conservatives to Get With McCain!






This photo shows John Kass being interviewed by FOX Chicago News after the guilty verdict came down on Gov. George Ryan. I thought Kass to be especially hard on George Ryan, but he was motivated by the the deaths of six children.

Other journalists, who had made careers of kissing Governor Ryan's fanny, were much more vicious - as cowards always tend to be. Kass, with whom I disagree three days a week (which does not deprive him of sleep to be sure), is the best political writer since Finley Peter Dunne. Kass gets it right the other four days.


Today, one of the four, John Kass, the absolute best Chicago voice often compared to Mike Royko, chides Conservatives - especially GOP Righties - to stop bashing John McCain.

John Kass, who personally sticks his head into the issue of corruption in Illinois and who has been threatened by some of his targets, is a much better writer than Royko - Kass is the best Chicago political writer since Finley Peter Dunne, the creator of Mr. Dooley, and only bested for pure prose by his Chicago Tribune colleague, Sports Editor Dan McGrath.

Click my post title for John Kass on John McCain.

2 comments:

colecurtis said...

Hey mistah pat I stole your story retitked it, let a comment for Mr. Kass. And I am leaving one for my favorite word sparring smooth talking rapscallion Mistah Pat.Hey what would make my blog do this: everytime that i try and upload a photo to my blog from picasa it is javascript rather than a photo? I can not get up with an actual idiot over at blogger so I am on my own. I don't know if it is blogger, picasa or my computer that is at fault. I hope not my computer i just paid over $3,000,00 for this genious there had to be one somewhere in this household, unfortunately I had to buy it ain't that sad?LOL

pathickey said...

Steal away, Miss Vicki, as you stole my heart.

I hate PC's as I am 100% challenged and could not get through the doors of the little yellow bus and make it to school.

It is a Vale of Tears!